GNI Advertising Lab in India
Successful online ads monetization is key to digital transformation in news. With a focus on small and medium sized news publishers, we are launching the GNI Advertising Lab.
Through the program, more than 800 news organizations will receive tailored training led by expert consultants and hands on technical ads implementation support. Participation in the Lab is free and formal applications will open during the last week of June 2021. For now, we look forward to your Expression of Interest.
Who is eligible to apply to the GNI Advertising Lab for India?
- Small and medium-sized news organizations that produce original news and are incorporated or registered in India.
- Eligible applicants must have a website and have been in operation for at least 12 months.
- Newsrooms must be employing between 2 - 100 full-time employee (FTE) journalists.
- Local publishers employing more than 100 FTE journalists can still apply and will be considered subject to Google’s discretion.
- Eligible applicants can include for-profit or nonprofit traditional news organizations, digital natives, radio and/or TV broadcasters.
- Government-owned entities and individuals are not eligible to apply.
What are the selection criteria?
Initial selection will be done by teams of Google staff as well as external consultants, who have knowledge and experience in digital publishing and journalism in India. Applicants will then be contacted by email and guided on next steps of the program participation. Selected applicants will then be required to enroll as a Google partner (if they are not already) in order to receive support from Google.
When can I apply?
Currently, we ask that you share your expression of interest via this form here. We will be announcing specific details regarding application as we launch the program during the last week of June 2021.
How can I apply?
You will be asked to provide basic information about your organization and your digital readiness capabilities and plans via our online application form. Detailed program application terms and conditions will be available along with the application form. For news organisations that have shared their expression of interest, we will intimate you once the form is open for application.