Increase traffic with Google's search products
Help more people discover your news
What are Google’s Tools for Search?
Every month, people click through Google Search and Google News results to news sites more than 24 billion times.
Your news can show up in several places on Google:
- Google Search
- Google News
- Google Discover
Improve your performance on Search and manage how your news organization appears by using:
Help more people access the news with Google Search
When you search for a topic that’s in the news, Google’s algorithms organize specific stories and articles based on factors like a publisher’s relevance, prominence, and authoritativeness.
On Search, news articles can show in
💡 Best practices to improve your Search performance:
- Tag your original content
- Ensure any websites that syndicate your content tag it appropriately
- Measure your Search traffic and fix issues with Google Search Console
- Make your web pages fast on all devices with Google’s PageSpeed Insights
Reach avid news readers with Google News
From local and regional news outlets to national and global perspectives, Google News brings together diverse journalism to help us better understand our world.
Google News is focused on
- Strengthening access to local news.
- Providing access to a diverse range of sources.
- Addressing misinformation while protecting the open web.
How do I show up in Google News?
Google automatically crawls the web regularly to include websites in Google News. There’s no application needed!
💡Best practice: Check if your news site shows up in Google News and manage how you appear with Google Publisher Center.
Inspire and inform people with Google Discover
On Google Search, users enter a search term to find helpful information related to their query.
Google Discover takes a different approach. Audiences can get updates for their interests, like their favorite sports team or news site, without having to search.
How do I show up on Discover?
- Provide content that's timely, compelling, or unique
- Use page titles that are succinct but informative
- Include high-quality images that are at least 1200 pixels wide
- Avoid using a site logo as your image
- Avoid using misleading or exaggerated details in preview content
- Avoid withholding information needed to understand what the content is about
- Avoid catering to outrage
- Avoid content that is excessively graphic or gruesome
Need more help?
- Check out our SEO Starter Guide
Google’s overview of search engine optimization essentials.
- Ask an expert at SEO office hours
Get answers to your Google Search and SEO questions live, monthly
- Report issues or get help with Google News
Increase traffic with newsletterslesson 5 minutes BeginnerBuild your relationship with your best audiences
Increase traffic with social sharinglesson 5 minutes BeginnerTap into social networks to reach new audiences