Get started on Google News with Publisher Center
Submit, manage, and monetize your news across Google
Submit, manage, and monetize your news with Publisher Center
Every month, Google Search and Google News sends users to news sites more than 24 billion times.
What is Publisher Center?
Publisher Center is an interface that helps publishers submit and manage their content in Google News, as well as configure monetization solutions through Reader Revenue Manager.
Publisher Center aims to make it easier for news publishers to use Google’s business products. Publisher Center is not a content management system (CMS) and doesn’t produce online websites.
Can Publisher Center help me appear in Google News?
Using Publisher Center is entirely optional, and does not affect your site’s eligibility for Google News. Google automatically crawls the web regularly to include websites in Google News. There’s no application needed! However, Publisher Center can help you manage how you appear on Google News.
- Go to Publisher Center
- Enter your news site’s URL, and click Add
- Enter your publication’s name. This will show in Google News exactly as you type it
- Select the country where your headquarters are
- Check the box to certify that your publication is principally and permanently located in the country you selected
- Click Add Publication
- Verify your site ownership
Reach audiences who speak other languages
60% of the world can speak more than one language.
- Conduct surveys at grocery stories and community centers
- Use Google Forms to ask about your audiences’ platforms, needs, and habits
- Collect email addresses only in newsletter signups, as some communities may not be comfortable sharing their names
- Use the same language on a page, like in articles, navigation, and ads
- Use different URLs for translated pages
- Allow people to change the page’s language
- Use Google Translate and have translators edit to reduce translation cost
- Translate headlines only if you’re just starting out
- Write in present tense and active voice, as it translates more inexpensively
How to customize your publication in the Google News app
- On the Publisher Center homepage, go to Manage your publication and your organization, and click Modify publication settings
- Select your publication’s primary language
- Go to Visual Styles
- Upload a square logo that is at least 512 by 512 pixels, in a PNG or JPEG file format
- Click Save
- Return to the Publisher Center homepage
- Under Google News, click Open
- Click Edit
- Select your publication’s category, like News & Politics
- Select which countries you want your news to appear in
- Select which Google products you want to appear in
- Click Next
- Under Sections, click + New Section and Web location
- Create a new entry for each section of your site, like Local News,
Business, or Sports, and click Add
- Click Next
- Click Publish when you’re ready to submit for review
Help Google classify your news content
Google News seeks to provide access to the information people need. Content labels help Google understand what is original journalistic content, and what might not be.
If you publish opinion pieces, user-generated content, satire, press releases, or blog posts, add content labels. Learn more about what each label means.
- On the Publisher Center homepage, under More options, select Add content labels
- Under Area content labels, click + Area content labels
- Under URL, enter the URL for the area on your site where the content is published, like exampletimes.com/opinion
- Under Labels, select the relevant tags
- Click Add
Label fact-checked content
When you publish stories with fact-checked content, like round-up stories or major stories, Google News may add the Fact Check label to help people find it. Google News uses ClaimReview markup to identify fact-checked content.
ClaimReview is a fact-checking tag system for articles to better surface in search engines and social media platforms.
Is my article eligible for the Fact Check label?
- Can readers easily understand what was checked, and what conclusions were reached?
- Is the analysis traceable and transparent about sources and methods, like using citations and references to primary sources?
- Does the article title indicate that a claim is under review, state the conclusions reached, or specify that the article contains fact-checked content?
- Has your news site published fact-checked content in the past?
Get in touch
If you have questions or concerns about the tool, you have two options
- Check out the Publisher Center documentation on Help Center
Help Center is regularly updated with the latest information that can help you
2. Leverage the Publisher Center Community Answers
Explore questions and answers leveraging the wisdom and experiences of other news publishers in the community
3. Contact Form
If that doesn’t solve your problem, you can get in touch via form and expect a response from us within 3-5 business days
Envolva seus visitantes com vídeos no YouTubeAulaCrie relacionamento com bilhões de espectadores do YouTube
Get started with Reader Revenue ManagerAulaGrow your revenue and deepen your engagement
Como usar as principais métricas da Web para manter o engajamento dos visitantesAulaCrie uma ótima experiência do usuário no seu site de notícias