Get started with Reader Revenue Manager
Grow your revenue and deepen your engagement
Why reader revenue?
Reader Revenue Manager is a free of charge, self-service platform to launch subscriptions or contributions, no programming skills required.
With Reader Revenue Manager, you can:
- Enable subscriptions or contributions in just two clicks
- Set up newsletter signup to capture emails
- Drive traffic and reinforce your brand value
- Connect with your audience the way you want
- Eliminate paywall frustrations for your subscribers
Set up Subscriptions or Contributions
- Go to Publisher Center
- Select Reader Revenue Manager
- Select Subscriptions or Contributions
- Select or create your payments profile
- Under Create pricing for your content:
- For subscriptions: enter the details for your subscription plan, including the name, billing period, trial period, price, and up to 3 benefits & click Next
- For contributions: enter three one-time contribution amounts, three monthly contribution amounts, and three benefits to list in the contributions prompt & click Save
- Create a custom label for your subscription or contribution plan
- Click Next
- Under Finalize pricing, change Draft to Live when you’re ready
- Add code snippets to your site
- Accept the terms of service
Best practices for subscriptions
On average, a reader spends less than 10 seconds on a subscription landing page - so it’s important to make it decisions quick and easy.
- Offer three options
- List your best option second
- Offer a discount for annual subscriptions
- List “Cancel anytime” as one of your benefits
- Offer newsletters as a subscription benefit
- Offer an ad-free experience as a subscription benefits
- Offer a trial
- Compare your subscription pricing to the industry average, about $10 USD monthly
- Estimate reader revenue with the Reader Revenue Calculator
Looking for more best practices? Check out our Launch your Subscription lesson.
Best practices for contributions
Recurring donors give 42% more per year compared to one-time donors.
- Add an image of your community on your donations page
- Add your tax status to your donations page
- Tell potential donors what will happen after they donate, like if they'll receive a receipt
- Send out an annual report that with your impact, financials, and a thank you to your donors
- Create a page for your annual report on your website
- List the annual report in your benefits
- Offer an option for monthly recurring donations
- Send a thank you email following each donation, especially for recurring donors
- Share your organization’s impact in monthly newsletters to donors
Bias in Machine LearningLessonUnderstand what ML bias is and how to avoid it.
Google Historical Imagery: Google Earth Pro, Maps and TimelapseLessonFind out where a photo was taken and when it was uploaded.
Google Trends: Improving your search results.LessonRefine your queries to get more useful data.